The iPad 3 isn’t that old is it? It’s going to be 7 months and 17 days old when the iPad 4 is released on 2nd November.
According to Apple it’s time for a change.
It’s just announced the release of the iPad fourth generation but I’m sure that’s just to appease all the iPad 3 owners.
The new fourth generation iPad features the amazing 9.7-inch Retina display and includes a new Apple-designed A6X chip that delivers up to twice the CPU performance and up to twice the graphics performance of the A5X chip, all while delivering an incredible 10 hours of battery life in the same thin and light iPad design. Other new features include a FaceTime HD camera, twice the Wi-Fi performance when compared to previous iPad models and support for additional LTE carriers worldwide.⁶
iPad mini and fourth generation iPad both feature support for the Lightning™ connector that is smaller, smarter and more durable than the 30-pin connector.
Customers can begin pre-ordering all models of iPad mini and all models of the fourth generation iPad on Friday, October 26 through the Apple Online Store in the US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
Main iPad 4 Specs Compared to the iPad 3
- 9.7″ (the iPad 3 is also 9.7″)
- Retina display 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 ppi (the iPad 3 has a 2,048 × 1,536px color IPS LCD 264 ppi)
- A6X Procesor with quad core graphics (the iPad 3 has an A5X processor)
- Battery life: 10 hours – same as the iPad 3
- 1.2MP Front Camera, 5MP iSight Camera (the iPad 3 has significantly less advanced camera capabilities)
- 1080p Recording (the iPad 3 also has 1080p recording)
- Uses Lightning Connector (the iPad 3 uses the older 30pin connector)
- Wifi Model Weight: 652g (the iPad 3 weights 650g)
- Wifi+3G Model: 662g (the iPad 3 Wifi+3G model weighs 660g)
- Pricing will be the same as the iPad 3:
- Wi-Fi 16GB $499 32GB $599 64GB $699
- Wi-Fi + Cellular 16GB $629 32GB $729 64GB $829
So what are your thoughts? Is the iPad 4 a worthy upgrade for an iPad 3 user?
If you’re an iPad 3 owner, how do you feel about the iPad 4 being released?